Student Demonstration Showcase
The Student Demonstration Showcase (SDS) is an opportunity for student paper presenters to demonstrate their hardware in an exhibition environment. Student demonstrations will be an opportunity to recognize compelling technical contributions. For the student demonstration showcase, the first author must be the student and the last author must be the student's main advisor. Additional student co-authors are acceptable, but will also be subject to verification by the main advisor as detailed below. Prizes will be awarded based on content and presentation quality. To be considered for an award, the student must (i) be a full-time student during the time the work was performed, (ii) be the lead author, and (iii) personally present the demonstration at IMS2020. During the paper submission process, the student is required to identify that the paper is a candidate for the Student Demonstration Showcase.
The IMS2020 Student Demonstration Chair will reach out to Student Demonstration candidates in March 2020 to ascertain the equipment needs and determine whether the equipment can be acquired for the Demonstration Showcase. Finalists will be formally announced in March 2020.
Student Demonstration Requirements:
- All students wishing to participate are required to follow the regular IMS2020 paper submission process. Papers must be identified as SDS candidate during the electronic submission process.
- To be considered for the SDS, the student must be a full-time student during the time the work was performed.
- The faculty advisor’s email address must be provided during the submission process.
- The SDS chair will contact candidate’s about demonstration needs.
- SDS candidates will receive email notifications in March 2020.
- SDS participants will receive recognition at IMS2020.
- The SDS participants must present their papers at the assigned IMS2020 session and also at the Student Demonstration Session.
- Judging will be performed by a specially formed SDS committee of experts. The winners will be announced and awards will be presented during the IMS2020 Closing Session.